You probably are very interested by now in how you can adopt a creative thinking mindset. It will take some work to train yourself to use creative thought, but it is actually quite a fun process. You get to be creative, silly and allow yourself to go into the world of fantasy.
Good thoughts are not necessarily the most rational thoughts. Think about it. Many of the inventions we use today were once thought to be crazy ideas. That is what makes creative thoughts so great. Nobody else is likely to think of them, but once they hear them they wish they did.
One of the things you can do to become a creative thinker is called “thought experiments”. Thought experiments were actually used by Albert Einstein. Albert Einstein is said to be one of the greatest thinkers of all times. He used these thought experiments to stimulate his mind and help himself to see beyond the obvious and get creative.
A thought experiment is basically a way to allow your mind to go places you might not normally let it go. It allows you to use all aspects of your thinking ability. It opens up doors in your mind that may never have been open before.
Thought experiments are simply rooted in your mind. They are not physical and therefore do not have to be plausible. You can do anything you want with a thought experiment. They allow you to explore the world around you.
The basics of a thought experiment involve visualization. Visualization is merely forming an imagination in your mind or following through actions in your mind through picturing them. Being able to visualize something is a large part of creative thinking.
Thought experiments involve a few other things then just visualization. The following list covers other things you will need to do to create thought experiments.
- Develop deep thought evoking questions that you want to find the answers. These questions can be questions that can be answered or rhetorical questions. They can even be universal questions to which the definitive answer could never be determined.
- Think about great geniuses. Imagine yourself sitting down and having a deep conversation with this genius. Imagine what you would ask and how they would answer.
- Imagine traveling in time or to another dimension. Imagine what it is like. How does it look? What are the people like? Are there even people? Create every aspect of life.
- Think about God or whatever higher being you believe in. Think about the questions you would ask and his answers. Try to imagine being in the presence of such power.
- Experiment with astral projection. Get a book and study up on the idea. Then try it. Try to float out of your conscious body and into the astral plain.
Another great thing to do to stimulate creative thinking is asking ‘what if’ questions. Develop a list of things you would like to know. Try to answer a ‘what if’ question in many different ways. See how creative you can be. Go in detail with your answers and get really deep into answering what if something happened.
There are plenty of ways to become a creative thinker and to help your brain to think creatively. Here is a list of some additional things you can do to help make yourself more creative in your thinking process:
- Learn to use breathing to relax. By being able to regulate your breathing and focus deeply on it, you can clear your mind and allow creative thoughts to flow more freely.
- Practice visualizing things. If you have problems with visualization, then start out small with visualizing simple things in your head and then moving onto things that are more complex.
- Gather information on things you are interested. This will help give you something to think about. You can think about how to build upon what already exists and how your creative thinking can change it or make it better.
- Find a friend to brainstorm with. Getting someone else in on your creative thinking means you can work together. Having someone else’s perspective on things can really get the creative juices flowing.
- Try thinking as if you are someone else. Sometimes we get stuck in our own mindset. Creative thinking is about going beyond our comfort zone and thinking outside the box, so pretend you are someone else and think how he or she would think.
- Challenge your brain often. Give your brain a workout by doing puzzles and trying new things. This will expose you to different ideas and you can add that to your mind bank of ideas.